SAVE THE DATE!!!
Haitian Art Society Annual Conference
January 31 – February 7, 2015
This year’s conference is being planned to take advantage of the opportunity to see “200 Years of Haitian Art”, a major exhibition presented at the Grand Palais. Other highlights will include the Musee d’Vodou as well as various other museums and private collections. And of course the sights of Paris!
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested in participating. A tentative itinerary follows. Additional details will be forthcoming to those who express interest in the trip.
Proposed itinerary of Paris HAS conference:
1) Jan 31, Sat- HAS group dinner and orientation meeting in Marais district of Paris.
2) Feb 1, Sun- Early am visit to Parisian flea markets. Afternoon Grand Palais-Haitian
exhibition & Niki de St. Phalle-famous contemporary French naif artist. Evening
Musee d' Orsay former railway museum with outstanding collections
3) Feb 2, Mon- Early fast train to Strasbourg and see Musee d' Vodou, orchid nursery & maybe
Grand Marnier estate. Return to Paris late afternoon
4) Feb 3, Tues- Early fast train to Laval and view museums collection of international collection of folk art
Birthplace of Henri Rousseau. Lunch in town. Return to Paris mid-late pm.
5) Feb 4, Wed- Tour of Musee d' Art Naif collection at Halle St. Pierre in Paris, Opera
House & Pompideau Centre
6) Feb 5, Thurs- Tour galleries and bookstores / maybe tour private collections in Paris/
Musical instruments museum
7) Feb 6, Fri- Tour Eiffel tower and lunch. Afternoon Quai Branly ethnographic museum
8) Feb 7, Sat- Early am visit Parisian flea markets/lunch/ tour the Louvre. Option of visit to Picasso Museum. HAS group
farewell dinner in Latin Quarter
9) Feb 8- Return home
Find out more here: